Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Status quo

Why does it seem like I'm always on call? And why is that the best time in my life to blog? Who knows. But call is my status quo.

We lost that game to the worst team. Erica ended up playing with us which was totally fun. Dory was dugout dog. The final score was 11-10. I hit like an old washer woman (with apologies to Larry Ward).

We were off Friday but I can't remember what we did. Quiet night at home; dinner and a movie (Hotel Rwanda). I know we were really busy on Saturday, but I have the brain of af 65-yr-old in the early phases of memory loss right now. Oh yeah, lunch with Jack and Elaine (friends of my dad's) at Sesame. It was awesome! What a treat. Another quiet night at home. E was on call Sunday; I went to Sunday School and got stuff done around the house all day. Time with the Tullos family who are nursing a sick granddad. Dinner with Dad in Conway on his way back from the lake.

I have been contemplating the Chicago marathon on October 9th. Jack really wants me to run it with him. It is the weekend before Sewanee homecoming, and I'm not making ANY committments. It seemed like a great idea for a while, but the effect is fading. Either way, I have made running a more regular part of my life again, and it is enjoyable. I seem to always be in flux rather than on a set long-term schedule. My four-miler yesterday was great! Dory was pooped.

Now reading the Collected Stories of Flannery O'Connor. It brings back a lot of memories, because I read a lot of them in high school. But Dr. Beck is constantly quoting O'Connor, so it's part of my education to be conversant! I have been a reading machine lately and will sooooo miss that when radiology starts!!

List of people I talked to today:
Melissa Mann - doing well, heard from Dr. Croom who is also doing well
Erica Jensen - another friend dilemma, I told her he has insecurity issues and is either in love with her or totally gay
Beth Best - having a going-away party soon
Billynda Booth - wanted to switch call
Melissa Shannon - not looking forward to a month at the VA, played catch-up
Linda Tullos - Tom's dad is stable and should leave hospital soon
Hunter, Lauren Frances, and Lindsey Wood - came to visit me! Hunter gave me two handfuls of change to take into the chapel for "the old people and the kids who need money," quite a character move for him
Erica - worn out taking care of three kids - perfect as always!

The bike rack is bought, and I'm starting packing tomorrow. HOORAY!

No comments: