Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Ketchup

Well, several events have transpired, as they are wont to do.

On call last Friday, then got up Sat. morning and ran the Paws on the Pavement 5K down at Murray Park. This is a special race to me; it was the first race I ran 2 years ago. Back then, I had just started thinking about running and training for long distances. I ran it in 33:30, give or take. I remember getting that first T-shirt and thinking I was really going to become a runner. My parents came to the start of the race (I know...) and left early to go on a trip to Seattle (their last). So Saturday, it was hot but I ran a 29:30. That's great for me because it's under 10 min/mile. I'm thinking about working on my short distances (like the 5K) and improving there until it's time to train for the marathon again. CARE put on a good race, but they forgot about the portable facilities this year.

Then I stopped by my mom's house for some breakfast. Later worked on some things around the house, and dad came by to remove the lawnmower blade for sharpening. I love when he comes to the house to help do stuff. Then I saw Monster-in-Law with my mom; it was LOW quality. That made us laugh even more, so the time wasn't wasted after all. Erica was on call that day, so I ran some errands, quick nap, and then went to Jess and Meredith's house for a post-graduation party for Jess. It was a lot of fun, and it made me appreciate friends and get-togethers and deli trays and families.

We slept LATE Sunday for a much-needed rest. I've been re-reading A Separate Peace by John Knowles, which is one of my 10th-grade favorites. Mrs. B, of course. Even better this time around. Last night on our walk, Erica surprised me by running! We ran most of the way, and it was so awesome to have my whole little family out there running together. I am so proud of her. We had been to Hunter's baseball game and to a Body Shop selling party. It was a really good evening.

Softball game tonight. We still don't have a win, but this is supposedly the easiest team. I've got my fingers crossed.

1 comment:

Rainbow Momma said...

I love A Separate Peace! It was good seeing you. (((hug))