Saturday, January 09, 2010

Quick

A quick post since I've broken my resolution and missed yesterday.

I had good reason. A friend of ours from Erica's residency class, Audra, lost her baby Thursday to SIDS. She was Reid's age. We spent our evening last night planning our trip to Dallas and talking. No time to hop in front of a screen.

I was actually off yesterday, so I had lots of good Reid time. Ross went to school. We went to my dad's new place to meet him and my aunt Becky, who will be decorating. He moves in a week if all goes as planned. We also went to see Mom at school. He was a hit and loved the attention. E met us for lunch at Bossa Nova (always a treat). Then the boys had check-ups. Reid had four shots and a rough evening.

Today I head in to round on a couple of patients, then we just plan some home time.

And no, I am no pregnant. Geez. And I can't adopt my kids in AR. It's just that I would like to work to change that process, ask if there are loopholes, etc.

2 comments:

Holcomb.pittman said...

I am SO sorry to hear about your friends and their terrible loss. I will say prayers for them.

Abcdpdx said...

arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrg. thanks for the reminder about the ridiculous adoption laws in AR. geez. need to get on the gay marriage bandwagon here in Oregon. I'm on it in spirit, but that really doesn't do...anything. I don't think that's the point you were making, but I read that and was like what? oh, right. nice, Arkansas. really nice.

can't even comment on your friend's loss because I can't wrap my head or heart around it. I'm so sorry to hear it. will definitely say prayers.