Sunday, January 10, 2010

D

We are in big D. I wish it were for better reasons. We left early this morning and had a really good trip with the boys (i.e. they didn't scream in their seats, no major spills, no bad weather, etc). Erica's mom is with us to help with them. Reid has to be with Erica for feeds, obviously, so we couldn't leave them at home. But they can't come to events with us, so Margie is taking good care of everyone.

The visitation was horrible. We are drained. I'll never forget it as long as I live. The best part was seeing how much Audra needed Erica and was glad to see her.

Our hotel is a little shady and smells like French fry grease. But I am a cheap skate and found it for 58 on hotels.com.

4 comments:

Leah said...

What a nightmare. It's the worst thing I can imagine for your friend to go through. I am so sorry. I am proud of y'all for being there for her.

Abcdpdx said...

again, am so sorry for your friend's unimaginable loss and glad your family could all be there for her. I hugged Anneke extra tightly after I read your last post.

Melissa said...

I can't imagine anything worse than what they are going through. I'm glad you can be there. Safe travels.

Holcomb.pittman said...

You are such brave friends. I have thought often of your friends and their loss and I say a prayer each morning that they find peace in their hearts. I cannot imagine anything worse.