Saturday, June 25, 2005

Reads

I uploaded some pics of some more recent reads. The beach is a great place to devour books. Mom's recommendation was the Bees; all three of us loved it. The short stories have also been a joy. I love reading one before falling asleep, or one after a nap, or one on call, etc. Very digestible.

I'm also reading Karen Armstrong's Battle for God, which was given to me about a year ago. Couldn't download the pic, though. It is a history of fundamentalism, and is actually a good religious history primer for Judaism, Islam, and Christianity. I only took one religion class at Sewanee (in addition to my exposure in the Humanities series), but I'm loving reading books about it more and more.

I've been through several New Yorker magazines lately, and they are always rewarding. The thing is: I'm about to be consumed by radiology texts and journals. I have to cram all this fun stuff in while I can. So I will continue to do just that. And when it comes down to it, I'll probably schedule blocks into my weeks just to read for pleasure. It is my dearest source of sanity.

No comments: