Thursday, September 22, 2005

League

New softball league, folks. That's right, summer league in LR just wasn't enough for me. Some of the same girls are on a co-ed team at Burns Park and have graciously asked me to come along. After a win last week, we lost two tonight. There have been a few more than those, but because residency drains the life out of a life I've missed them.

I nailed the ball tonight. Only one came to me in right field and sailed over my head. Guys hit a LOT different than girls. Even the big girls we sometimes play.

I can't keep my head above water at work. There is always more to do. You're busy, then you have to be on call. Then you rest, then you're behind again. Repeat steps.

Oh well. Residency is not forever.

Erica and I have had a wonderful couple of months. We love to spend time together and connect. We've really done well considering the upheaval in schedules. She is everything I could wish for. We may be pregnant.... Only a few more days to find out. I am freaking out trying to wait patiently. And I'm not going to dwell on it, but I only wish her family would get a clue and get excited. Or at least nice. Oh well, it can't all be good.

We've had lots of good friend time lately. Big wedding last weekend, got to see the old school crowd. Lots of time recently with Jess and Mere and Sydney. Katy Bartlett in town yesterday, and we went to dinner.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bloggers facing the storm
"So it's official. My family and I are staying put through the storm," writes Fyre on the Houston ... As Hurricane Rita approaches Texas, many in the region are finding supplies difficult to come by.
, Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!
I have a wild bird feeder site/blog. It pretty much covers wild bird feeder related stuff.
Come and check it out if you get time :-)

Anonymous said...

LEB- You are the best thing that has ever happened to me. Thanks for the great blog entry. I can't wait until the 27. It will be a party no matter what the outcome. Hope you have a great birthday this weekend. I love you, no matter what!!!! 333. Your E.