Sunday, March 09, 2008

Disheartened

I had written a long stinking blog update yesterday.  Stupid thing went to offline error or some other bloggerese notion, and the "save now" draft function obviously worked at about 0% effectiveness.

I had posted lots of random crap about my current state of affairs, about which you are now clueless.  Nothing was earth-shattering, but it was good - dammit.

Ross is Ross, which is to say perfect.  He is climbing and jabbering and loving and all those perfect toddler things.  He is such a ham.

Being home from DC is also great, but there are times that I miss being there.  We went to a wedding last night and headed downtown a few minutes early for a drink.  I told Erica to pull out the iPhone to get an address, and it made me miss the daily adventure that was living in a new place.  So I had a Hendrick's and tonic to make up for my missing DC; I will associate those two forever.

I can't remember what the rest of the post was about.  Stupid brain.  Probably something to do with the snow, which is now gone.

Still (still!!!) reading Atlas Shrugged, which is worth it.  Now starting Trail of Crumbs, which has an interesting provenance and an interesting connection for me personally; will fill you in later.

1 comment:

Jess said...

I bet it is hard to get back to reality. You really had to best of both worlds...great family and a month of fun in DC. Ok, now I want to go to DC. Reality bites!